Thursday 3 October 2013

Corralejo: I

My intention had been to dine at La Taberna last night though, in the event, decided to postpone the repast until this evening.

However, I did pay Juan and Ana a call and present them with a little gift from the city of Belfast. Juan is mine host and restaurateur with his wife Ana at La Taberna.

I've changed the old drinking habits lately, viz. the consumption of Bacardi rum and cola in lieu of my usual tipple, London gin.

Actually, Bacardi holds a royal warrant.

I spent time yesterday ambling round the town, revisiting several old haunts and saying Hallo to a few familiar faces.

The Temple restaurant has closed down. It was owned and run by a Belfast man called John.  I was informed that John and his partner have moved to The Gambia.

No comments :