Monday 13 May 2013

Sewing Errand

I paid a visit to Sew In The City, a little unit on the ground floor of the former Anderson & McAuley building. It is at the Castle Street side.

Last week I purchased a navy blazer which actually fits me very well, except for the sleeves which are too long.

The snag is that the cuffs have four metal, functional buttons. Cognisant that any alteration would affect this, I eventually decided to proceed with it.

To my slight annoyance, this will fundamentally affect the functionality of the cuff-buttons, to the extent that two will need to be moved above the remaining two, thus shortening the cuffs by about two inches.

Sleeve length, however, is more important than button functionality, to my mind.


THENCE I ambled up the entire length of Fountain Street, to that pre-eminent civic establishment, the Linenhall Library.

Prior to my arrival at the library, I took the opportunity of photographing Commonwealth House (top), at Castle Street, which is to be demolished to make way for the Bank Buildings' extension.

HEREIN I researched the Whites of White Hall, Broughshane, ancestors of Ulster's most distinguished son, Field-Marshal Sir George White VC.

Being the 225th anniversary of the Library's foundation, I photographed the birthday-cake and balloons.

No comments :