Wednesday 11 January 2012

New Civic Lawns

I am returned from my weekly jaunt into town, where I undertook research on the Jocelyns, Earls of Roden; the family of De La Touche; and the ancient family of Dillon.

The lawns at City Hall are being re-laid, having suffered  some detriment following the Continental Market at Christmas.

Following a brief visit to Sawer's - in vain, as it transpired - I strolled into Queen's Arcade, where I bought a half-pound of my favourite pastilles in an established confectioner's shop.

I am dining out with Godmother at the weekend (watch for the review), so a most helpful assistant helped me to select a bottle of wine in Marks and Spencer, Old Vines Grenache Noir 2009:
"A soft, ripe and generously fruity red with appealing flavour of mulberry and brambles. Look out for the smooth note of chocolate on the finish."
On a more mundane level, I bought a few pairs of socks and slippers!

3 comments :

Anonymous said...

Think you wil find the lawns are re-laid at least twice a year after the markets and concerts etc.

I would be curious to know how much this costs?

Regards,

Inv Wood

Anonymous said...

Where would one be dining out with godmother?
sammy Mehaffey

Timothy Belmont said...

Don't ask! Ha ha