Friday 18 November 2011

Day in London


By Jove, Madame Tussaud knows how to charge! I visited the establishment this afternoon for the first time in a few decades. It cost me the princely sum of £28.80. I was in good company, though: Churchill, the Royal Family and their antecedents, celebrities, sports personalities and many more.


Earlier I spent an hour in the Banqueting Hall at Whitehall, its pre-eminent feature being its magnificent, painted ceiling by Rubens. When I left, I walked over to the Cenotaph and took a  photograph of the poppy wreaths.


Well I never! I accosted Lucy Worsley, looking  very well in a scarlet overcoat, at Nelson's column. She was doing an outside broadcast.

This is the 300 yard queue for the Leonardo Da Vinci exhibition at the National Gallery.



I had a snifter in a trendy bar at Berkeley Square called Babbles (large Tanqueray and tonic, £10.80); then walked on to another, more traditional bar called the Guinea near by.

1 comment :

Anonymous said...

Totally off subject...but maybe one day would you look at the Hartes of Donegal? could be an interesting subject - not sure.