Friday 16 July 2010

Royal Cruise


A two week, Western Isles cruise has been organized next week by the Royal Family in order to celebrate the sixtieth birthday of the Princess Royal and - belatedly - the fiftieth birthday of the Duke of York.

The MV Hebridean Princess has been chartered. It will be recalled that HMY Britannia was decommissioned over a decade ago, much to my chagrin.

The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall are unable to be on the cruise due to other engagements; though Prince Charles shall host a luncheon at the Castle of Mey for the Royal party.

2 comments :

Sandy said...

As my own entourage are cruising the Erne system at the same time I hope the weather is a bit better than at present.
I share your sentiments on the Royal Yacht.

Timothy Belmont said...

It was a shame.

Oh, to be on the Erne! I have an immense fondness for L Erne and Fermanagh generally. We used to spend many happy hols there.