Thursday 8 July 2010

The Console Table

I have quite an unusual day today. I went into central Belfast again because I had an appointment at my eye clinic. However, I had my eye on a little marble-topped satinwood console table in Ross's auction-house; so I paid them a visit first in order to register.

I won the bid! The porter had given me an indication of the target price and the reserve price; and, at literally the last few seconds, up shot my hand and I won it for the reserve price, plus a hefty premium for the auctioneer.

I only just managed to squeeze it into the baby two-seater with the assistance of a sale-room porter, at Music-hall Lane. Being marble, it is quite heavy.

Now, at last, I have an appropriate item of furniture to mask the double radiator in the hall.

No comments :