Wednesday 25 February 2009

Stone Wall Day

Today has been my dry stone walling day. The weather was much more clement today: dry, mostly sunny and milder. We all assembled at the old, ruinous farm in Tullyratty and made our way - a hundred yards - to the wall itself.

The wall's reconstruction is progressing very well indeed. It's really a retaining wall; I'm sure we must have done another twenty or thirty yards today. I'm a little more confident now; I'm gradually getting a feel for the task. Most of us are novices anyway.

We spotted a number of buzzards hovering above the adjacent fields. One of the first things I did when I got home was to turn on the oven for a pizza. Nice and easy; especially since my routine dictates that I head up to the swimming-pool for six o'clock.

No comments :