Monday 16 February 2009

Sports Club Closed

I drove up to the sports club this evening, only to find the gates firmly closed. I'd intended to swim my usual sixty lengths.

Obviously the school is closed for half-term. Is it assumed that members know this? I've just read the Easter term times on their website and there is no mention at all of swimming-pool closure at half-term.

It's little wonder that there are now less than fifty members. A notice could, at least, have been clearly displayed at the door last week, to remind members like me. It is simply not good enough. I was up there last Thursday and there was no mention of it being closed this week.

Who is running the sports club? And do they care? How involved are they in the day-to-day running of the complex? At this rate, there'll be as many as thirty members next year.

No comments :