Thursday 28 August 2008

Carpet & Paint



I've been preoccupied lately: stripping off - don't get too excited - the old, vinyl wallpaper on the hall and landing this week. I had hoped to simply paint over it; however, I'd been advised against this procedure and, to my surprise, it peels off easily. I'm taking my time at it.

We have selected an Axminster carpet by Brinton called Parterre Blue with a matching runner carpet for the stairs; I don't want a particularly light-coloured carpet for the hall, what with all that pedestrian traffic. I'm in the process of obtaining two quotations for that.

The paint we have chosen is called Regency White, for the ceiling; and Porcelain Blue for the walls. I'd been considering the Dulux Heritage range and, whilst browsing in the shop, as one does, a nice little range called 1829 caught my eye. It shall do the job well, hopefully.

No comments :