Friday 21 December 2007

The Prodigal Turkey Chase


I have wasted about half a tank of liquid cognac, sorry petrol (about the same price) this week queueing in traffic. I've been attempting to obtain a small turkey breast joint, which can usually be found in Tesco or Sainsbury.

Astoundingly enough, neither of them had small 500g joints in stock; I then ventured to my local Marks & Spencer store and, lo and behold, they had a fine-looking small, free-range turkey breast joint basted in butter. Just what I was looking for. I think it cost about £6.49 or thereabouts.

This afternoon we had a glass of Tesco Finest Gigondas wine, reduced in price to £5.99 I think. Little wonder. Friends, if you enjoy a tipple of neat red vinegar, look no further than this stuff. Never again.

So much energy is expended at Christmas, so much stress; it shouldn't be that way!

No comments :